Promoting employment, labour mobility and social and cultural inclusion across borders through, inter alia: integrating cross-border labour markets, including cross-border mobility; joint local employment initiatives; information and advisory services and joint training; gender equality; equal opportunities; integration of immigrants' communities and vulnerable groups; investment in public employment services; and supporting investment in public health and social services
- To enhance the potential of the programme area for an inclusive growth, improving across border access to the labour market and employment opportunities in the programme eligible area.
- To enhance the potential of the programme area for an inclusive growth, based on the improvement of quality of life to all residents on the two sides of the border through joint cross border actions for the access to modern and efficient health care services, social services, services supporting access to primary education.
- To enhance the potential of the programme area for an inclusive growth, increasing cultural and social integration in the cross-border area and reducing the impact of constraints due to remoteness and marginalisation of border areas.
Protecting the environment and promoting climate change adaptation and mitigation, risk prevention and management through, inter alia: joint actions for environmental protection; promoting sustainable use of natural resources, resource efficiency, renewable energy sources and the shift towards a safe and sustainable low-carbon economy; promoting investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems and emergency preparedness;
- Enhancing protection and sustainable use of natural resources, with the improvement of capacities of competent bodies and promotion of cross border networks for education and studies on environmental resources.
- Enhancing preparedness and awareness to face environmental risks and emergencies, enabling cross-border interoperability and joint actions for innovative systems of environmental protection, mitigation and prevention of environmental accidents and disasters and emergency reaction.
Promoting sustainable transport and improving public infrastructures by, inter alia, reducing isolation through improved access to transport, information and communication networks and services and investing in cross-border water, waste and energy systems and facilities;
- Promote the achievement of improved quality standard in public transport and mobility services in the eligible area across the border and the integration in the main EU transport corridors, complying to EU Environmental legislation and sustainability principles, especially in remote and disadvantaged areas
- Promote the achievement of improved and homogenous quality standard in public infrastructures for basic services, especially in remote areas through improved and enlarged access to modern and efficient public utilities services (incl. Internet, energy)
Encouraging tourism and cultural and natural heritage;
- Developing the local tourism economy across the border, based on a sustainable use of the local natural and cultural heritage, the promotion of national and international tourism demand, the creation of innovative and integrated cultural and leisure tourism attractions, the improvement of attractiveness of cross border networks and tourism trails.
- Developing the local tourism economy based on the improvement of quality of tourism services, a sustainable use of the natural and cultural heritage, the creation of capacities and skills for high quality tourism services, the design of innovative products in cross border networks and partnerships, the improvement of Accessibility and sustainability of tourist infrastructures
- Thematic objective Promoting employment, labour mobility and social and cultural inclusion across borders through, inter alia: integrating cross-border labour markets, including cross-border mobility; joint local employment initiatives; information and advisory services and joint training; gender equality; equal opportunities; integration of immigrants' communities and vulnerable groups; investment in public employment services; and supporting investment in public health and social services Specific objective
See the list of all projects at
Programme Thematic Objectives
The Interreg – IPA CBC Romania – Serbia Programme has been prepared in line with the Regulation (EU) No 231/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 establishing an Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II) (hereafter referred to as the “IPA Regulation”), Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action, Commission implementing regulation (EU) No 447/2014 of 2 May 2014 on the specific rules for implementing Regulation (EU) No 231/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing an Instrument for Pre-accession assistance (IPA II) (hereafter referred to as the “IPA Implementing Regulation”). The Programme is the result of a co-operative effort by the Romanian and Serbian national, regional and local authorities.
The Interreg – IPA CBC Romania – Serbia Programme 2014-2020 has been approved by the European Commission on 6 August 2015 and focuses on the development of the border area through improvement of the accessibility to the labor market and promoting employment, environment protection and tourism. The Romania-Republic of Serbia IPA Cross-border Cooperation for 2007-2013 programming period, the 2003 Phare External Border Initiative Programme for Romania and the Neighborhood Programme Romania- Serbia & Montenegro 2004-2006 paved the way for the new integrated cross-border instrument to be implemented at EU external borders as of 2007, therefore conditions for cross-border cooperation are already in place and this IPA Cross-Border Cooperation Programme can concentrate on its strategic goal of achieving a more balanced sustainable socio-economic development of the Romania-Republic of Serbia border area.
Regional Office for Cross-border Cooperation Timisoara
- +40 356 426 360
- Proclamatia de la Timisoara Street, no 5, 1st floor
Antenna of the Joint Technical Secretariat
- +381 13 834 567
- Dimitrija Tucovica, no. 17
Rupublic of Serbia