Deadline by 27th October 2017
- Deadline for application 27th October 2017
- Application starts on 2nd October 2017 click for more info about the thematic objective and investment priorities
COSME is the EU programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) running from 2014 to 2020 with a planned budget of 2.3 bn. €.
COSME aims to make it easier for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to access finance in all phases of their lifecycle – creation, expansion, or business transfer. Thanks to EU support, businesses have easier access to guarantees, loans and equity capital. EU ‘financial instruments’ are channelled through local financial institutions in EU countries. To find a financial institution in your country, visit the Access to Finance portal.
COSME helps businesses to access markets in the EU and beyond. It funds the Enterprise Europe Network that helps SMEs find business and technology partners, and understand EU legislation; the Your Europe Business portal that provides practical information on doing business within Europe; and the SME Internationalisation Portal for companies who want to develop their activities outside Europe. It also finances a number of IPR (intellectual property rights) SME Helpdesks.
COSME supports entrepreneurs by strengthening entrepreneurship education, mentoring, guidance and other support services. Actions support specific groups who may find it difficult to reach their full potential, such as young people, women and senior entrepreneurs. The programme also aims to help businesses access opportunities offered by digital technologies.
Improving business conditions
COSME aims to reduce the administrative and regulatory burden on SMEs by creating a business-friendly environment. COSME also supports businesses to be competitive by encouraging them to adopt new business models and innovative practices. This complements actions in areas with high growth potential such as the tourism sector.
- +352 20 600 280
- 4, rue Erasme
L-1468 Luxembourg - Kirchberg
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Ministry of Employment and the Economy
- UMS RIATE, Universite Paris Diderot - Paris 7
- Ministry for National Economy Department of Territorial Development Planning
- National Institute for Regional & Spatial Analysis (NIRSA)
- Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Lithuania, Territorial Planning, Urban Development and Architecture Department
- Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration - Directorate General for regional Development and Infrastructure
- Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic - Section of Road Transport and Roads, Department of Transport Infrastructure Development
- Swedish Agency for Economical and Regional Growth