- Thematic objective Business and SME development
- Thematic objective Environmental protection, climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Thematic objective Improvement of accessibility to the regions, development of sustainable and climate-proof transport and communication networks and systems
- Thematic objective Promotion of border management and border security, mobility and migration management
See the list of all projects at
Programme Thematic Objectives
Following the Russian military aggression against Ukraine and in line with the Commission’s decision to fully implement all EU restrictive measures, the Commission has suspended the cooperation with Russia and its ally Belarus in the European Neighbourhood Instrument cross-border cooperation programmes (ENI CBC) as well as in the Interreg Baltic Sea region programme.
This means, among others, that no further payments to Russia or Belarus will be made. The suspension has immediate effect for the nine ENI CBC programmes involving Russia and Belarus and for the transnational programme Interreg Baltic Sea region under the programming period 2014-2020. The overall EU funding for the eight programmes with Russia is €178 million, while the total EU funding for the two programmes with Belarus amounts to €257 million. The regulation on the ENI cooperation programme provides for their suspension in case of breaches to international law, human rights, democratic principles and rule of law.
Cooperation with both countries in programmes under the new programming period 2021-2027 is also suspended.
Vision for the Programme:
Kolarctic CBC programme area is a flourishing, environmentally friendly and diverse area with viable economy, fluent mobility of people, ideas and technologies, and where people-to-people cooperation is an essential value.
Overall objective of the Kolarctic CBC:
ENI CBC strategic objectives for CBC activities:
- Promote economic and social development in regions on both sides of common borders
- Address common challenges in environment, public health, safety and security
- Promote better conditions and modalities for facilitating the mobility of persons, goods and capital
Regional Council of Lapland
- Hallituskatu 20 B, 96100 Rovaniemi, FINLAND
Riikka Oittinen, Programme Manager
- +358 40 660 1381
Joonas Holopainen, CBC Coordinator
- +358 40 688 7734
Marjaana Lahdenranta, CBC Expert
- +358 40 834 1131
Laura Mäki, CBC Expert
- +358 40 674 2112
Katri Niska-Honkonen, Financial Manager
- +358 40 711 8392
Svetlana Peltoperä, Financial Officer
- +358 40 197 8171
Anna-mari Ruisniemi, Senior Advisor in the Kolarctic CBC Branch Office in Sweden
- +46 10 225 54 17