Interreg-IPA CBC Hungary-Serbia
Protecting the environment and promoting climate change adaptation and mitigation, risk prevention and management through, inter alia: joint actions for environmental protection; promoting sustainable use of natural resources, resource efficiency, renewable energy sources and the shift towards a safe and sustainable low-carbon economy; promoting investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems and emergency preparedness;
- Decreasing environmental risks (e.g. drought, flood, hail) and preventing negative effects on quality of water bodies and nature protected areas
Promoting sustainable transport and improving public infrastructures by, inter alia, reducing isolation through improved access to transport, information and communication networks and services and investing in cross-border water, waste and energy systems and facilities;
- Increasing the capacities of border crossing and the connected transport lines through promoting development of road transport and use of sustainable transport modes (public transport, bicycle, water transport)
Encouraging tourism and cultural and natural heritage;
- Creation of commonly coordinated cross-border tourism destinations based on the complementary local assets in order to ensure sustainable development of tourism potentials
- Promoting co-operation activities in the field of culture, leisure, sport, and nature protection
Enhancing competitiveness, the business environment and the development of small and medium-sized enterprises, trade and investment through, inter alia, promotion and support to entrepreneurship, in particular small and medium-sized enterprises, and development of local cross-border markets and internationalisation
- Enforcing the growth capabilities and employment potential of SMEs through the development and adaptation of new technologies, processes, products or services.
- Investment priority Protecting the environment and promoting climate change adaptation and mitigation, risk prevention and management through, inter alia: joint actions for environmental protection; promoting sustainable use of natural resources, resource efficiency, renewable energy sources and the shift towards a safe and sustainable low-carbon economy; promoting investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems and emergency preparedness; Specific objective
See the list of all projects at
Currently there are neither job vacancies or calls for projects open for this programme
Programme Thematic Objectives
- Hungary nuts 3 level
- More details about Hungary
- Serbia nuts 3 level
- Central Banat District
- North Banat District
- North Bačka District
- South Banat District
- South Bačka District
- Srem District
- West Bačka District
- More details about Serbia
- Hungary nuts 3 level
Interreg–IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Hungary–Serbia (Interreg-IPA CBC Hungary- Serbia) is an initiative within the 2014-2020 European Union financial framework, under the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA).
The Programme was approved by the European Commission by its decision C(2015) 9488 on December 15, 2015. It relies on the Regulation (EC) No 231/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council and the Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 447/2014 (IPA II Implementing Regulation).
On the basis of “shared management system” of the participating countries – Hungary and Serbia, the Programme funds and supports co-operation projects of non-profit organizations located in the Programme-eligible area, including Hungarian NUTS III level counties Csongrád and Bács-Kiskun, and Serbian NUTS III equivalent regions: West Bačka, North Bačka, South Bačka, North Banat, Central Banat, South Banat and Srem.
Interreg-IPA CBC Hungary-Serbia is the fourth generation of the cross-border cooperation programmes in the Hungary-Serbia border region. Operating under the slogan “Good Neighbours Creating Common Future”, the Programme supports the development of a stable and co-operating region and the overall quality of life in the border region. It enables economic collaboration of organizations from the two countries, nurtures the common identity, and cultural and historical heritage of the border region, and contributes to its environmental sustainability and safety. As such, Interreg–IPA CBC Hungary–Serbia may be perceived as a progression of the previous Hungary-Serbia IPA Cross-border Co-operation programme, implemented within the 2007-2013 EU financial framework.
Detailed information about the Hungary-Serbia IPA Cross-border Co-operation Programme is available on its website.
- + 36 1 224 3112
- H-1053 Budapest, Szép u. 2
H-6722, Szeged, Bécsi krt. 5
JS Antenna in Subotica, Serbia
- +381 24 55 97 97
- Matije Korvina 17 (HKPC Galleria, 1st floor)
- +36 1 795 3846
- Prime Minister's Office
Department for Implementation of International Co-operation Programmes
Address: H-1077 Budapest, Wesselényi u. 20-22.