Programme Thematic Objectives
Our programme is all about boosting innovation and collaboration across borders. We're networking universities, businesses, and research institutions to introduce advanced tech and new solutions. We're focusing on health, renewable energy, sustainable transport, and more. By offering funding for fresh ideas and necessary equipment, we aim to create lasting partnerships and a legacy of innovation. Our success will be measured by the growth in cooperative organisations and the innovative solutions they produce.
RSO 1.1 Developing and enhancing research and innovation capacities and the uptake of advanced technologies
In response to the growing climate crisis, we aim to boost our area's resilience against extreme weather and reduce our carbon footprint. We'll be joining forces across borders to plan for the future, enhance emergency readiness, and share vital information about climate change. We're dedicated to creating a safer, sustainable environment through nature-based solutions. Together, we'll tackle wildfires, floods, and conserve our shared water resources. Our shared solutions will serve as a benchmark for broader implementation across the EU's Baltic Sea Region, proving we're stronger when we face climate change together.
RSO 2.4 Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention and resilience, taking into account eco-system based approaches
Our programme aims to protect nature, boost biodiversity, and reduce pollution, focusing on:
1) Shared strategies for landscape preservation and sustainable use.
2) Joint solutions for biodiversity growth.
3) Expertise exchange and best practice promotion in conservation.
4) Public awareness initiatives on sustainability and biodiversity.
Funding supports protection measures and biodiversity initiatives, with an emphasis on nature-based solutions. The programme's success is measured by participant engagement and the development of joint solutions, aiming for widespread adoption post-project.
RSO 2.7 Biodiversity and green infrastructure
We're building a cross-border community by focusing on language learning, cultural understanding, and vocational skills.
1) Encouraging everyone to learn our neighbour's language and understand their culture.
2) Providing lifelong learning opportunities and training to boost your skills.
3) Introducing bilingual education from pre-school to higher education.
4) Making cross-border learning exciting and motivating language learning.
5) Using digital technology to build a cross-border learning platform.
6) Sharing knowledge and best practices across borders.
7) Offering advice on working and learning opportunities across borders.
Our goal is to break down barriers and embrace change, providing everyone with the qualifications needed for attractive jobs across borders. We're committed to inclusion, non-discrimination, and accessibility. Join us, and be part of creating a brighter, more resilient future for our community.
RSO 4.2 Improving equal access education, training and lifelong
RSO 4.6 Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism
This programme aims to boost economic growth, social inclusion, and innovation by creating and promoting interconnected cultural and tourist experiences across borders.
Key strategies include:
1) Launching cross-border art and cultural projects
2) Promoting cultural and tourist offerings internationally
3) Facilitating cross-border connections between tourism organisations and providers
4) Developing digital platforms for better access to cultural and tourist information
5) Exchanging knowledge and best practices across borders
6) Implementing social innovations in the context of cross-border tourism and culture
7) Preserving and promoting our shared cultural heritage
8) Enhancing appreciation of our shared natural heritage
9) Linking and improving tourist infrastructure, with a focus on cycling and water tourism
By linking these activities to local economic and social growth, we plan to strengthen communities and make cultural sites more accessible. Success will be measured by the increased number of participating sites and sustained visitor growth.
Interreg's Objective 6.1 is a transformative initiative enhancing cross-border collaboration for the benefit of citizens and businesses. Key objectives are:
1) Strengthening partnerships for seamless cross-border public transport, health services, and security measures.
2) Promoting a culture of learning from successful border regions to improve our cross-border cooperation.
3) Activating networking among institutions for tapping into additional European, national, and regional funding.
4) Improving the availability and sharing of cross-border life and business information.
We are particularly keen on projects that bring fresh ideas and innovation to our cross-border efforts. Funding is focused on project implementation, with the success of projects evaluated by the level of participant involvement and sustained collaborations.
RSO 6.1 Enhance the institutional capacity of public authorities
RSO 6.3 Build up mutual trust
Our programme aims to connect German and Polish locals, fostering trust and unity post-Covid.
1) Inclusive gatherings to encourage cross-border friendships.
2) Collaborative community projects.
3) Joint public events to enhance mutual understanding.
Despite language and economic differences, we're confident that such activities can build trust and reduce barriers. We only offer minimal support for equipment costs, but the real value is in the connections made and the continued cross-border cooperation. Our ultimate goal is a united, vibrant community.
See the list of all projects at
Introducing the Brandenburg-Poland Cooperation Program!
We support projects that address cross-border challenges in the Brandenburg-Polish border area. Our programme brings together representatives from Germany and Poland, including local authorities, businesses, NGOs, and community partners, to define development priorities.
Here’s what you need to know:
– We finance cross-border projects.
– The program covers parts of Brandenburg and Lubuskie Voivodeship.
– We provide grants up to 80% of eligible costs.
– We have €88.3 million in funds for the 2021-2027 period.
– Eight institutions are involved in program implementation.
– We focus on four areas of cross-border cooperation.
– Our programme aligns with EU structural and investment policies under European Territorial Cooperation (Interreg).
For a stronger and more connected Brandenburg-Poland border region!