Programme Thematic Objectives
We need to boost our technology and innovation. Right now, we're lagging in research spending compared to the rest of Europe.
The programme aims to modernise our processes and develop new, innovative products and services, especially for key local sectors. We aim to increase support for tech firms.
Our support will focus on:
• Collaboration on research to create new products or services.
• Encouragement to sharing of ideas and skills.
• Support of new tech companies.
• Set up of tech hubs and encouraging collaboration.
• Testing technology to solve shared problems.
We'll fund projects that get real results and build on our past successes.
RSO 1.1 Developing and enhancing research and innovation capacities and the uptake of advanced technologies
Our region's stunning nature is threatened by climate change. To tackle this, our programme aims to:
1. Learn more about natural hazards and find fresh ways to adapt to climate change.
2. Increase public awareness of climate change causes and impacts.
3. Boost our abilities to prevent and manage emergencies.
We're backing projects with clear, measurable results that build on past successes.
RSO 2.4 Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention and resilience, taking into account eco-system based approaches
From 2021-2027, we'll continue to safeguard our natural resources, while boosting tourism.
We have three goals:
1. Improve teamwork in managing protected areas. We'll use tech to monitor species, handle emergencies and create eco-friendly solutions.
2. Protect all life. We'll run campaigns and educate our leaders to conserve mountain areas and maintain biodiversity in farming.
3. Reduce pollution. We'll test new ways to cut pollution caused by people and businesses in the area.
More details will be given in each call for proposals.
RSO 2.7 Biodiversity and green infrastructure
We aim at improving the cross-border transport system in the Alpine region for 2021-27. Our approach includes:
• Strengthening transport integration and access to major European routes.
• Encouraging alternatives to individual private transport and road freight.
• Sharing data for better monitoring of cross-border commutes.
• Improving waterways and promoting eco-friendly boats.
• Supporting sustainable ways to travel, like electric, bike, and pedestrian mobility.
RSO 3.2 Developing and enhancing sustainable, climate resilient, intelligent and intermodal national, regional and local mobility, including improved access to TEN-T and cross-border mobility
Under this priority, the programme aims to:
1. Improve healthcare access, even in remote areas.
2. Shift from institutional to family-based care.
3. Enhance social services to include vulnerable individuals, especially the youth.
We'll finance projects with tangible outcomes and build upon past successes. Funding details will be provided per round.
RSO 4.5 Ensuring equal access to health care and fostering resilience of health systems
RSO 4.6 Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism
We're revitalising tourism in Italy and Switzerland by offering new, sustainable experiences. We'll promote green tourism, highlight local heritage, improve tourist spots, and offer more inclusive programs. We're also creating opportunities for tourists with chronic illnesses. Our focus is on projects that are financially sustainable and value natural and cultural resources.
This programme aims to boost public input in Italy-Switzerland cross-border decisions, hindered by slow bureaucracy. It will enhance cooperation, communication, experience exchanges and joint job market analysis. No significant environmental impact is expected. The programme supports past successful initiatives, small community exchange projects and a fund for small projects to foster broader cooperation.
RSO 6.2 Enhance efficient public administration
See the list of all projects at
The Interreg VI-A Italy-Switzerland Programme aims to promote investments in the region across four strategic priorities and a specific Interreg objective. These priorities include making Europe smarter and more competitive, greener, more connected, and more socially inclusive. The programme will outline objectives, actions, output and outcome indicators, target groups, beneficiaries, and financial resources.
Generic contact info
- Palazzo Lombardia
Viale F. Restelli, 2